IWFS-WA Youth Membership & WSET Wine Course Promotion
Combined IWFS-WA Youth Membership &
Certified WSET Level 1 Award in Wines course
Save up to $509 off the combined costs of joining the IWFS-WA as a youth member & booking the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines online course
The WA branch of The International Wine & Food Society is offering a special promotion for 12 young lucky people wishing to both join their prestigious society, and also get on the first rungs of the hospitality ladder with a Certified WSET wine qualification
If you are between 18 and 35, you can apply to join the IWFS-WA branch as a youth member. You will receive FREE 2021 youth membership and reduced IWFS-WA joining fees when you pass their sponsored WSET Level 1 Award in Wines online course supplied Vinum Vitae C&S
Book the IWFS-WA sponsored WSET Level 1 Wines online course for the special price of $110, usually $319, a saving of $209*
We will automatically apply for your free IWFS-WA 2021 youth membership for you, as well as the reduced nomination fee of $60*, usually a combined cost of $300, a saving of $240
Pass the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines exam, and there is no more to pay*
Have your WSET Level 1 passing certificate and lapel pin presented to you at your graduation ceremony which will be incorporated into an IWFS-WA event*
2021 IWFS-WA Youth Scholarship
For two students gaining the highest exam passing grades*, you will be awarded an IWFS-WA Youth Scholarship, empowering you to receive $60 off the cost of your IWFS-WA graduation event*, a total saving of $509
1) For new IWFS-WA members only, aged between 18-35, booking before the 3rd of January.
2) The IWFS-WA youth membership special joining fee of $60 is payable at the same time as booking the WSET Level 1 Wines online course, a total of $170.
3) The WSET Level 1 passing grade is 70%. If you do not pass (or attend) the exam, you can apply to resit the exam after paying the current resit fee. If you decide not to sit the exam, the current IWFS-WA youth membership fee is payable. Resit exam grades will not be considered for the IWFS-WA Scholarship award.
4) If more than two students attain an equal top exam grade, the IWFS-WA Scholarship will be awarded to the students performing best during the online course.
5) The Graduation Ceremony where you will be presented with your WSET Level 1 passing certificate and lapel pin will be incorporated into an IWFS-WA event scheduled after the exam date. You will be seated with other new IWFS youth members. The full price of the event seat is payable (usually $130-$180). Any outstanding fees will need to be settled prior to the certificate presentation.
6) If you are awarded one of the two IWFS-WA 2021 Scholarships, the $60 joining fee that you already paid at booking will be deducted from the cost of the Graduation Ceremony IWFS-WA event seat ticket.
Scroll down to see information about the WSET Level 1 Wines online course and the benefits you will receive as progress in your new wines and food journey
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Online
The Level 1 course is for those preparing for, or employees starting their first job in wine, or for the wine enthusiast wanting a structured learning approach to wine. The course will introduce topics at a basic level
What you'll learn in the Level 1 course
What Wine Is
How Grapes are Grown
How Wine is Made
Types and Styles of Wines
Introduction to Tasting
Introduction to the main White Grape Varieties
Introduction to Named White Wines
Introduction to the main Black Grape Varieties
Introduction to Named Red Wines
Storage and Service of Wine
Understand the basic principles of Food and Wine Pairing
WSET Level 1
Lapel Pin & Certificate
The Level 1 Award in Wines has a minimum requirement of 6 hours of online delivery time, plus time for revision and the exam
The level 1 assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions within 45-minutes. The pass mark is 70%
4-Week Online WSET Level 1 Award in Wines course with Vinum Vitae as your educator
WSET Level 1 Exam Fees
Mock Exam Questions
Reserved place at the Perth WSET Level 1 Award in Wines exam
WSET Level 1 Certificate & Lapel pin (after passing the exam)
Graduation Ceremony in a Perth venue, as part of an IWFS-WA event, where you are presented with your WSET Level 1 Certificate & Lapel Pin
Comprehensive, Organised and Efficient Service from the Vinum Vitae WSET Approved Programme Provider
There is no pre-requisite wine knowledge
required for this qualification
However, you must be aged between 18 and 35 at the time of booking
Online Level 1 Award in Wines Course Information
For more information please download the documents below.
WSET Online Level 1 Award in Wines sponsored by
The International Wine & Food Society - WA Branch
Starting January 2021
Last Booking by:
Price $110 + $60: